Lower Back Tattoos That are so @#$% awesome that you HAVE to see these! The most popular AND the best lower back tats ever. WOWAdmit it! You also have a love-hate relationship with lower back tattoos. You’ve complained about them but secretly thought they are sexy and can be very cool if you pick a design that stands out!
As with every trend in tattoos, it’s just a matter that you get to work and do your research and find the one that fits you. Don’t feel like working? Don’t worry. We got you covered! No, really, it’s no trouble. You don’t need to give me all your money!
Lower back tattoos are a huge trend! Many people choose one to get started in their amazing journey with tattoos. And it’s no surprise!
Sure, there are designs that totally justify the “tramp stamp” stigma. As with any other kind of tattoos, it just depends on the design and the artist.
First, why that area? It’s certainly more appealing to women but it’s not necessarily a woman who gets lower back tattoos. The area has a few advantages to consider:
- It’s a flexible area, meaning that it can be the host of a big or small tattoo.
- It’s very alluring and sexy.
- Has enough fat and muscle to be less painful that other areas.
- The skin in that area chances little with time, doesn’t get that damaged or so much exposure to light or dirt.
- Perfect for people who want to be discreet about their tattoo.
- And also perfect for people who like to show skin and want to have something cool to show.
So here are a few examples of cool lower back tattoos that you should totally check out before getting one!
1. Sexy Wings Lower Back Tattoos
Wings are a popular pick among girls. This trend can easily be done in a very classy way for lower back tattoos.
2. Lotus Flowers Lower Back Tattoos
Lotus Flowers are also very popular for women. You’ll find plenty examples in lower back tattoos as well. This particular design we find to be very appealing to classy tastes.
3. Dandelion and Birds Lower Back Tattoo
OK this list is starting with a heavy presence of popular trends in tattoos for women. This design is beautiful, simple and feminine.
4. Semi Tribal Lower Back Tattoos
This design has a little bit of elements of tribal tattoos and also religious tattoos.
5. Letters Lower Back Tattoos
Who says successful women don’t have tattoos? This particular design is appealing for a very classy woman that shows some skin on her way to the office!
6. Moon Phases Lower Back Tattoo
Moon tattoos can be very versatile, this example is a very simple and elegant one.
7. Sunflower Lower Back Tattoo
Flowers are also a popular pick for lower back tattoos. In this case, the sunflower is pretty big and gives this girl a sexy yet cute look.
8. Traditional Birds Lower Back Tattoo
Lower back tattoos give the chance to play with a slighter bigger portion of skin, due to the characteristics of the area, some people choose to do designs based on duality. This birds show a good example of it.
9. Birds and Flowers Large Lower Back Tattoo
This beautiful design clearly goes way beyond the “tramp stamp”.
10. Red Lotus Flower
A very different but equally beautiful lotus flower design for lower back tattoos.
11. Flowers on Side Lower Back
This is another design that plays with the rules and dares to move a little to the side, giving it a completely different tone to regular lower back tattoos.
12. Mystical Lower Back Tattoos
This design is very well made since you can see the differences between the two elements: the back and the front.
13. Native American Lower Back Tattoo
Native American symbolism also has a spot in lower back tattoos. This particular design presents a wolf and feathers, two important elements for this kind of tattoos.
14. Amazing Crow Tattoo
Looks at this stunning tattoo. This is another one that blends the rule and thank goodness for that! It’s a great design and a good twist on lower back tattoos.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
15. Fairy and Nature Lower Back Tattoo
Yes, I know fairies have a bad reputation, specially when it comes to lower back tattoos. But hear me out, would you? This one actually looks good! It has pretty colors and stuff! Just think about it.
16. Badass Octopus Lower Back Tattoo
I love octopuses. They are such great animals and make for amazing tattoos. Just look this one. Tramp stamp? Think again!
17. The Tramp Stamp
OK this one IS a tramp stamp, but hey, it’s your body! And unless someone else is paying your bills you pay them no mind!
18. The Cupcake Lower Back Tattoo
Girls love cupcakes. That’s a reality. I’m a girl and needless to say that, I may never get a cupcake tattoo and don’t mention it a lot, but damn I love cupcakes. If you do too maybe this tattoo is for you!
19. Skeleton Lower Back Tattoo
This one’s a first for me. This amazing design is very original and makes lower back tattoos hip again!
20. Whatever this is Lower Back Tattoo
Do you know that this is? Let me know! I only know it looks great and kinda makes me want to know what the hell it is!
21. Butterfly Lower Back Tattoo
I bet you’ve seen a lot of butterflies, specially in lower back tattoos. They’re mostly OK. This one has a lot of elements and color.
22. Owl Lower Back Tattoo
This badass design is very rare among lower back tattoos. It has symmetrical and neo-traditional elements that just stand out!
23. Dragon Lower Back Tattoo
This one’s for the goth, or the Skyrim fan, in you.
24. Butterfly Extra Lower Back Tattoo
This is another take on the butterfly, but this one also has a twist: it goes a little lower than your regular lower back tattoos.
25. Set of Flowers in Upper and Lower Back Tattoos
This one is also a set, it actually has both an upper back and lower back part.
26. Phoenix Lower Side Back Tattoo
This amazing design is beautifully placed in the lower back side. It’s both sexy an complex.
27. Peacock Lower Back Tattoo
Peacocks also make beautiful tattoos. This one’s a little bigger and takes more than the lower back.
28. Little Horse Lower Back Tattoo
If you enjoy this one, take a look at our Horse Tattoos list!
29. Native American Lower Back Tattoo
We have Native American Tattoos covered, too! Check it out!
30. Flying Owl Lower Back Tattoo
Some of these last tattoos have played a lot with the lower back concept. Technically speaking, anything below the middle of the back is a lower back tattoo, isn’t it?
31. Mermaid Lower Back Tattoo
This is an awesome tattoo of a mermaid with just black and blue hues, very original an unique.
32. Moon and Sun Lower Back Tattoo
This one I don’t get that much but it looks cool, doesn’t it? It kinda looks like a middle eastern design.
33. Amazing Tree Lower Back Tattoo
Lower back tattoos can be artsy too, you know?
34. Firefly Lower Back Tattoo
This design is very simple and clean, totally not a tramp stamp!
35. White Ink Lower Back Tattoos
Lower back tattoos can be very discreet, but if you want some extra privacy, you can get a white ink one!
36. Flower and Vines Lower Back Tattoos
This one also break a little the lower back rule, but deserves a mention because of its beautiful technique and color.
37. Old School Lower Back Tattoos
This is a very old school design that’s actually on a model that looks from the generation that started the lower back tattoos trend!
38. Delicate Butterfly and Flowers
Very different than our other takes of butterflies in lower back tattoos in this list, this one seems more delicate and appealing to a younger audience.
39. Meditating Man Lower Back Tattoo
This is one of the few lower back tattoos that you’ll be able to find appealing to guys, and it’s pretty cool, actually.
40. Dual Tigers Lower Back Tattoo
Kinda looks like the front page of an ancient book on martial arts, don’t you think?
So there you go! Don’t you feel a lot better about your lower back tattoo now?
Limited Time Offer (click photo)