Henna Tattoo. Let’s talk about henna tattoos. Are you one of those people who wanted to get a tattoo but is too scared to have one because you might not stand the pain? Well, to be very honest, it does hurt, but I compared it to the labor pains I got when I was about to give birth, nothing else beats that labor pain. After pregnancy my tattoo love affair began. I’ve always wanted one and after going through the pains I went through both physically and mentally, I thought that I could manage. After getting my first tattoo, I didn’t realize that getting a tattoo is addictive. Still don’t believe me? The good news is that if you’re too chicken to get a real tattoo yet still want to get one, you can always get a henna tattoo.
60 Stunning Henna Tattoos:
Its dye is made of henna tree aka Lawsonia inermis. Ancient Egypt, Africa and some parts in Southeast Asia used henna as cosmetic to dye the hair and skin. Some historians say that the henna was used to cool the body and as a decoration as well. Up to this day, this art is still used traditionally in some cultures, such as bridal hennas. Because henna tattoos are intricate and so beautiful, I got you 60 Stunning Henna Tattoos! Along the way, I will also give you some trivias about it.
1. Most henna tattoos have spiral/geometrical lines and designs.
2. Arm henna tattoos with different patterns.
3. The shoulder placement is also a good idea.
4. Here’s a modern bride with white henna.
5. Looking at this, I want to fill it out with colors!
6. Feet henna tattoo
7. Simple hand henna tattoo
8. Indian Mehndi which also means henna.
9. More intricate henna patterns!
10. I love the elephant and married couple detail in this henna tattoo.
11. Fading henna tattoo
12. Sun and moon henna tattoos on feet.
13. Mehndi applier
14. Henna tattoos application is over 5 thousand years old!
15. Colored henna tattoos
16. The henna plant is associated with good vibes and spiritual beings.
17. In ancient times, they apply henna to ward off bad spirits, add good vibes and promote fertility
18. The henna changes to a lighter color after a few days
19. Henna has always been used for cosmetic purposes in different countries such as Egypt, Rome and some parts in Africa
20. If you notice, it’s mostly women who applies henna on their feet, arms and hands.
21. I love this henna tattoo’s oriental style
22. Leg henna tattoo
24. Nice colorful henna tattoo. I love it!
25. Every pattern is unique
26. Mostly geometrical forms are drawn on henna tattoos
28. Unique flower henna tattoo design.
29. What’s not to love with this henna tattoo?
31. Intricately designed henna tattoo
32. Henna tattoo on pregnant women is also popular. The original concept was to ward off evil spirits.
33. Fading henna tattoo
34. Awesome colored henna tattoo!
35. Arm henna party! Henna tattoo is very popular especially during festivals in Asian countries.
36. Simple henna tattoo
37. Simple yet beautifully made henna tattoo.
38. Henna is applied thickly and starts to peel of when it gets dry.
39. Henna and jewelries
40. Mehndi is the term popularly used in India for henna tattoo
41. Others make their own simple designs for henna
43. I wonder how long it took to finish this lovely mehndi body art.
44. You have to let the henna dry first before you can start touching things with your skin.
45. Henna was believed to bring love and fortune.
46. You can make up your own design, why not?
47. The ink usually lasts 1-3 weeks.
48. Bride and groom
49. Geometrical designs
50. Oh this is just beautiful. I’ll have this on my wedding day.
52. Do you think you have the patience to sit around and just let the henna dry on your skin which could take more than an hour?
53. Henna is also considered as an herb and have healing qualities.
54. Here’s an example of how henna is applied on skin
55. Simple yet still quite intricate.
56. I love feet henna tattoo!
57. Here are the brides with their mehndi
58. Once again, I think about the amount of hours and minutes to wait for the henna tattoo design to finish and then dry up. What agony! What if you want to scratch your butt?
59. I love elephants and I think it will be cool to have one tattooed or at least henna if you’re too scared to get a permanent one.
60. If you’re wondering what the henna applier is holding, it’s a plastic formed like a cone with a henna in it. There’s a tiny hole on the tip, enough to make fine lines.
There you have it folks, 60 of unique and beautiful henna tattoo designs for your inspiration. Getting a temporary tattoo is easy and possible! So no need to be scared now if you want a temporary body art. And if you also love sci-fi movies, you might also want to check out our 48 biomechanical collection.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)