Tattoo quotes and Tattoo Sayings are very popular nowadays. People who have these type of tattoos vary from teens that want to make a statement to Hollywood stars that want their fans to remember something. Because of the interesting stories behind each quote, we decided to create a list of the 100 best tattoo quotes!
Certain quotes can represent something different for each person. To some, it might be a reminder of a memorable part of their life, or the expression of a constant state of mind, or even a simple life-lesson which can be applied in everyday living. So if you are about to get a tattoo quote on your body, make sure that it will be there to stay and that it will mean the same thing to you 20 years down the road! But please, don’t get a tattoo quote just for the sake of remembering your favorite sports player. I don’t think it’s a good idea. It would be much better if you would have inspiring quotes or those that could help you with your everyday life. Now, let’s see if you can pick one of these 100 best tattoo quotes.
The Best Tattoo Quotes
Before making up your mind with getting a tattoo quote, make sure to look for the following elements:
- Color. If you get a quote, you want people to see it. Use colors that will make it readable.
- Font. Try to use a specific font for your tattoo quote, as it can convey a different message.
- Design. Do you want to have just words or do you want to add some style into it?
- Language: Do you want it in English or do you want to take the more exotic route and use a foreign language.
Here’s a list of the best 100 tattoo quotes we have found to help you make your decision.
1. There Are No Rules That Can Bind You When You Find Your Other Half
It just means that when you have found your true love, nothing can keep you apart from each other.
2. All is fair in Love and War
Like in war, love conquers no boundaries just to get what it wants and what it desires.
3. all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given “to” us
One of the famous quotes from the movie, The Lord of the Rings.
4. and miles to go before i sleep
It could mean anything, but the most famous meaning of it is that the word “sleep” means death and “miles” means journey.
5. i listened to the bray of my heart.. i am i am i am
This famous quote is from Sylvia Plath which means that the bray symbolizes her pains and agony but the heart tells her ”i am i am i am” which means she will overcome these pains.
6. Be the one to guide me, but never hold me down
It’s just like saying, “be there every step of the way to guide me, but don’t hold me down from everything that I can be”.
7. Beneath Lay Words That Suffocate
It just means that you should always pick your words when talking because there are words that can hurt the one you’re talking to.
8. But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime…
A famous quote from Nicholas Sparks’ book, THE WEDDING.
9. Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing
If you’re an optimistic person, then this quote is perfect for you.
From the great poem: “Childhood is the Kingdom Where Nobody Dies 1937″ created by Edna St. Vincent Millay.
Great tattoo for those who dearly love their fathers.
12. Do not go gentle into that good night, Rage, rage against the dying of the light
This is a quote from the poem of the famous Dylan Thomas. This is about a life and death situation. It means not to give up life and die quietly, but to try to fight and stay alive.
13. If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite
Doors of Perception by William Blake. This means we look at the world through our limited senses and think that we see reality. However, this is only our own perspective of the worlds, and not what it is in essence. If we develop more inside, then we can appreciate life or nature and find a deeper understanding of this world.
14. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return
As the quote said, Love is the greatest thing you’ll ever encounter, whatever kind of love that is.
15. Dreams, Hope, Love, Family, Strength, Believe
The very foundation of humanity.
16. Dream as if you’ll live forever
Make your dreams as big as possible, and don’t stop dreaming. After all, it’s free.
17. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
A quote from Bob Marley, which means that in order for you to be truly free, you must not let others get inside your head and dictate how to live your life.
18. Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru on wohsi
Taken from Harry Potter Movie. When mirrored and correctly spelled, it says ”I show not your face but your heart’s desire”.
19. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it…
It means that everything is beautiful, but each one of us has his/her own perception and opinion. One person may see something as beautiful, but another may not see it the same way.
20. Fairy tales do not tell children that Dragons exist…
Famous quote made by G.K Chesterton. It can be compared in real life wherein our everyday situation doesn’t tell us that there are problems, because we know that there are. Rather, life tells us that those problems can be solved in a way.
21. Fall down seven times, stand up eight
The quote means never give up.
22. Fate fell short
It means that if your ultimate plan in life didn’t happen, then a different plan must have been made for you.
23. For every dark night, There’s a brighter day
Don’t lose hope. For every problem, there’s always a solution.
24. In the beginning
The first verses of the Bible.
25. Dear Lover, Give me One Last Painful Kiss
Famous line in the song Dear Lover by Social Distortion. The person is asking for one last moment before his/her lover leaves.
26. Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change…
From the famous prayer, THE SERENITY PRAYER.
27. Nec Aspera Terrent
“Don’t Terrify the Rough Ones” it is being used during the war and combats to encourage soldiers not to fear their enemies.
28. Have Faith
29. Heart Means Everything
30. Oh, How seldom we belong but how elegant our kiss
From the song “Memphis Will Be Laid to Waste” by Norma Jean
31. How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot!
A quote by Alexander Pope.
32. I am enough the way I am…
This means being contented with one’s self.
33. I am not afraid I was born to do this
This means fulfilling the duty that you were born with.
34. I am the architect of my own Destruction
This means that if I fail in life, then at least I’m the one responsible for it.
35. I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
A famous quote of the poem Invictus, made by William Ernest Henley. This means that I’m in charge of how to run my life.
36. i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart.)
37. I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep
38. I mourn for those who never know you
It means that other people should get to know you before they say things about you. It would be their loss if they don’t get to know someone like you.
39. I must learn to love the fool in me..
This quote is about loving yourself.
40. Aut Viam Inve’niam Aut Faciam
“I’ll either find a way or make one..”
41. I should have been a pair of ragged claws…
42. I will strive with things impossible
Even though things may seem impossible, never give up.
43. If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out
This quote is about freedom of expression.
44. I’ll find a way to see you again
45. I’m gonna fight for what’s right…
46. Isaiah 1:18
47. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass..
48. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant
49. Kiss me I’m Irish
50. lay down, lay down and wait like an animal
51. Learn from yesterday Live for today Hope for tomorrow
52. Let it out, Let it in
53. Life goes on
54. life is not measured by the number of breaths we take..
We are judged by the number of deeds we that we do in our life.
55. Like a twister I was born to walk alone
56. Live each day as if it were your last
57. Live Laugh Love
58. Live Laugh Love
59. Live the life you have imagined
60. Look after my heart I’ve left it with you.
61. lord have mercy
62. Love is all you need..
63. Love without cause
64. Love ya DAD
65. My life is my message
66. never forget who you are
67. Not all those who wander are lost
68. One good thing about music, when it hits you you feel no pain
Famous line from Bob Marley
69. Anna, only you in my heart
70. or else, shall we & why not
71. Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation
72. And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…
One of the famous quote in the book ” The Twilight” by Stephanie Meyer
73. She flies by her own wings
74. So dear I love him, that with him all deaths I could endure…
75. Sometimes you need to let things go..
76. Take a chance, they don’t come much bigger than this
77. take care of the sense, and the sound will take care of themselves
78. Thanks for kissing me that day, thanks for slapping me
79. That which does not kill me makes me stronger
80. The Greatest Thing You will ever learn is to love and be loved in return
81. the only dreams that matter are the ones you have when you’re awake
82. The woods are lovely dark and deep…
83. there is always hope
84. This Above all, To thine ownself be true
85. This heart beats for only you
86. To die would be an awfully big adventure
87. To live would be an awfully big adventure
88. To sleep, perchance to dream..
89. we accept the Love We think we Deserve
90. we found love
91. we live with the scars we choose
92. Quello che voi siete, not eravamo. Quello che noi, siamo voi sarete.
“We were what you are; and what we are, you will be.”
93. We will all laugh at glided butterflies
94. Quod me nutrit, me destruit
“What nourishes me, also destroys me”
95. With pain comes strength
96. If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?
97. You Only Live Once
Live life according to the good of you and the people around you.
98. you are what you love and not what loves you back
Whatever you love and care about is what matters, and not the other way around.
99. you don’t know what you’re alive for until you know what you would die for
This quote is all about giving value to things in life.
100. You must be the change you want to see in the world..
The change must start in you.
Get your own tattoo sayings
Lastly, like the one we suggested earlier in the introduction, one should always remember the meaning of the quote. There are quotes that should be translated first. Those quotes should be as clear as they read. There are also quotes that need better understanding to the meaning of it. Some tattoo sayings have designs, which can make the tattoo more lively. For some Design inspiration, you can check out our 50 Tattoos for Women and our 50 Tattoos for Men.
Some other quotes just make no sense at all and these should not be embossed on you. You should be careful in choosing your words because these will be imprinted on you permanently and might judge who you are. For the conclusion, we will leave to you this quote “Always be yourself”. Don’t decide for something you don’t want to and don’t do something you will regret. We hope that you have been enlightened by our own version of 100 best tattoo quotes.